Friday, May 02, 2008

Colors of our Yard

Wow. I was surprised to see I hadn't blogged since mid April! Where has this year gone?!?
I've been meaning for several days to post some pictures, but somehow it just didn't happen. So here they are now. ;o}

Just a few of the pretty things blooming in our yard....




Like our new froggie??

(He reminds me of "Frog and Toad" when one of them makes out a list and then the list blows away so he has to sit down and try to remember what was written on his list....I love that story.)

This time last year, I was house hunting here in Charlotte by myself, since David was in Virginia at AIT. One of his top 5 suggestions to me for things to look for in a house was "A yard big enough so that I don't look like an idiot mowing it on my riding lawnmower!"
(Now that we actually live here, we realize that in Charlotte it is not uncommon at all to see people out mowing a 6'x6' patch of sod with the newest model of riding mower from Lowes. LOL!)
Here's a shot of my man with his friend...
er....mower/tractor.

(Aren't you proud of him for wearing ear protection.)

He's visiting the barber more often now.
I kinda' like that 'Army' look.


And here you see his opinion of the photographer....
(no comment needed)

HAPPY SPRING EVERYONE!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your yard is so beautiful.
I am happy that the Lord has blessed you so in Charlotte; but you are greatly missed here.
Julie

Sally Datria said...

You are so LUCKY to have such a beautiful yard!!! All I get are cactus...which are beautiful...for about a month...Then they are very dull.

Great pictures!