Friday, January 19, 2007

VEGAS!!

Well, we started out our time in Vegas by visiting the 'Strip', including time at the famous Venetian. They have a mock up of Venice, including canals with a ceiling that is painted to look like the sky all on the second floor of the hotel.
Gondola's cruise these canals too,
but they just don't compare to the REAL THING!!


This picture was taken at Lake Las Vegas today. The Ritz Carlton has offices and rooms that go over the bridge. Our gondolas go under the bridge and you can hear the gondoliers singing as it echoes through the air.
Our dock is just left of where the picture was taken.

I took this one of a cruise that was just leaving the docks.
This couple got married on the boat during their cruise.

Lake Las Vegas is the largest private man-made lake in the US.
It's simply beautiful!

Well, I'm headed home tomorrow. This has been such a wonderful trip. I've seen all sorts of things I never thought I'd see, and have learned so much. I'm looking forward to getting back home, too, and seeing all those smiling faces waiting for me!!

No comments: