Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Monday in CA

So, how can you tell Amy is on vacation???
She has had time to blog three days in a row!!
We had a blast today. We drove down to Carlsbad, CA to meet our friend Katy, who we then went to Legoland with!! The whole time we were there, I kept thinking, "Caleb would LOVE this."
We'll have to plan a trip before too long, won't we, son.
Here are a few pictures from my day in sunny (but cold) California.
At the gate, saluting with a Subway cup. ha ha ha.

I have enjoyed these kids SO much! Four of the five are within just a few months of the Roland kids in age....some just a few weeks. And Katy's daughter's name is....drum roll, please.....Amy.
I can't claim any responsibility, though. I just met her mother 3 years ago! Great name, though!


This is for Caleb and David to see.
(And anyone else that would find it interesting!)
A Volvo. Full-sized. Built entirely of Legos. It took 201,076 legos and weighs almost 3,000 pounds. They did put REAL wheels on it, though. Pretty cute, huh!??!


OK. Here I am with my internet friends.
(I know, that's crazy, isn't it! You're not supposed to meet NICE people on the internet. Go figure!)
L to R: Me, Jennifer, Elisa, and Katy


This is Katy with her husband, Jeff, and Elisa's husband Greg singing and cuttin' up around the piano. Yes, we had a blast.
And yes....that is a REAL Emmy on the piano. Jeff won it in 2005 for his work on the TV show '24'.
He's the sound man.

Yes. They let me touch it. It's much heavier than it looks! And yes...I took my picture with it, LOL.
Maybe I'll show that one later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How fun! I loved seeing the pics of your day at Lego Land and at Katy's house. And I am so glad you got a pic with the Emmy Award. : )
Julie D.