Friday, March 02, 2007

brief update on David...

Well, he's still hangin' in there.
I get several letters each week, and actually got to talk to him twice in the last few days!! He was given 5 minutes on Friday night, and then 10 minutes on Sunday. Each of the kids got to tell him 'Hello' which they enjoyed, too.
This week has been his marksmanship training. He said the hardest part of it all is maneuvering a gun with all the paraphernalia you have to wear...vests, and hat, and chunky glasses...etc. He said he never feels 'comfortable' in all that STUFF.
No new pictures, yet. If I see any of him, I'll post them, though.
Please continue to pray for his safety. Several people have had to start the whole Basic Training over because of injuries like a broken wrist and a dislocated shoulder!
That's all for now....
I'll update again later.

THANKS FOR READING!!

Here’s his address if you want to send him a note! (He loves getting mail.)

SPC David Roland
A Co. 3/60th Inf. Reg.
2nd Platoon Snipers
Fort Jackson, SC 29207

And whatever you do, DON’T put perfume on the letter! He has to do 10 pushups for each letter, but if it smells, it’s 50 pushups!!!

1 comment:

Laurie said...

have no fear Amy dear.... I wouldn't even THINK of putting perfume on a letter to David ;-)

Love ya! Will keep praying for David and all of you.