Thursday, January 26, 2006

My Family Has a New Love!

Orange Julius.

Ever had one???

Well, the thick yummy drink has become a staple in our home recently. My dear friend, Julie D, (who could have her OWN SHOW on the Food Network!) gave me the recipe this last fall and we have made it over and over and over. The kids even thought it was called Orange 'JULIE'us, since the recipe came from her. ;>)
Thankfully it's a simple fix....which explains why I don't mind making it. hee hee hee
You try it. Then tell me what you think!
It'll perk up your morning, that's for sure.

Orange Julius
1 small container of OJ concentrate (or a little more than half a regular size)
1 cup milk
1 cup water
1/2 cup sugar or Splenda
1 tsp. vanilla
10-15 ice cubes


Place in blender and blend away. If you want it a little thicker, use a bit more concentrate and lighten up on the water. (And make sure you've got a nice thick straw if you don't want a orange mustache!!)

Another friend, Robbin E adds frozen strawberries to make Strawberry Orange Julius.

Hope you like it!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad you are enjoying the Orange Julius!
Thanking the Lord for you!
JULIEus : )

Anonymous said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog:)

Strawberry Orange Julius is my favorite too, it's also good with a little pineapple....YUM!

West NC, where??? Is it close to Ashe County?

We're heading back up in March , so if you know of anyone who is selling land out that way, please let me know.

I'm prejudice too, shhh....don't tell no one-LOL!

God Bless,
Amber


PS~ I'm gonna link my blog to yours so I can come more often:)

PPS~ Are you Amy W?

Anonymous said...

Amy,
Try adding a nice ripe banana sometime! That is my favorite version of the orange julius :-)

Laurie

Sally Datria said...

In our house we add a scoop of protein powder and whalaaaaa! Breakfast!! I actually had gotten out of the habit...I need to break out my blender again!

Thanks for the reminder!!