At Losing TEETH!She has managed now --twice-- to lose the same tooth----TWICE!
Believe it or not.
The infamous 'Tooth Fairy' has been a frequent visitor at our home over the last few years. It all started when Caleb lost a tooth while my parents were visiting, and awoke with a whole dollar under his pillow. It's been down-hill from there.
(Side note: Talk about inflation! When I was a kid, I only got a nickel!)
Excitement always rises when a tooth begins to wiggle and the lucky child begins wondering how best to spend the upcoming dough. (I've gotten to where I have to write myself a note and put it under MY covers, since I've been prone to forget to play my part! The 'Tooth Fairy' has been out of town on a few occasions and we've had to bail her out!!)
Anyway, back to Abbie.
She was thrilled last month with the prospect of another buck as one of her molars started to jiggle. She commented one day at school as she entered the lunch room that it was bound to fall out any day! You can only imagine, her dismay, when she realized AFTER lunch, that her tooth was gone....Apparently swallowed right along with her PB&J sandwich. Much tears ensued, but she collected herself with resolve, knowing that she still had one more that wiggled.
Then came last Sunday.
In the middle of church she jumps up from her pew and taps David on the shoulder, grinning from ear to ear with a tooth in hand. (Did I mention it was in the MIDDLE of church and she jumped straight up?? David was mortified! tee hee hee) She escapes to the bathroom to rinse out her mouth and...you're not going to believe this...dropped the valuable tooth down the sink!
Talk about devastated. She was beside herself. (Well, wouldn't you be too, if you watched your only source of rapid income fall down the bathroom drain?!?!)
David and I assured her that since WE knew she had lost it, that WE would give her a dollar for it...even if the Tooth Fairy wouldn't.
I'm thinkin' the Tooth Fairy owes me one. ;>)
3 comments:
Would you believe that the Tooth Fairy at our house is so absent minded that the kids almost expect her to be late?? Of course, we've sweetened the expectation...the tooth fairy pays late fees, LOL!
Ooh Amy, late fees. Hope your kid's late fees aren't like the library. You'd be in big trouble. Heard EJ has her first tooth, could this be Abbie's missing one?
Julie D.
www.homeschoolblogger.com/juldos/
I just stopped by to say Hi. Hi! I'm sorry about your daughter's tooth, you DON'T want to know what the tooth fairy brings our children...well, I guess it's not that bad. Instead of a dollar, she brings something from the dollar store. I have no idea how she can fly around like that.
Anyway, if the tooth ends up over here, I'll bring it with me the next time we come to NC. hehehehe...
0:) Amber
Post a Comment