When Caleb was a newborn, he was the prettiest baby...big blue eyes, long lashes, round head. The problem was, though, that no matter HOW I dressed him, someone would say, "Goodness, what a pretty little girl!" So I resorted to hats. And would you believe he actually wore them?!?! (OK, I admit, I smacked his hand a few times when he tried to pull them off...but it didn't take long!) By the time he was 12 months old, our friends at church were calling him 'Hat Boy'. At age 9, Caleb still retains his love for hats. He has one on each post of his bed and one on his head. Can you imagine his surprise when the Dosters gave him some hand-me-down toys last month, and in the bag was a baseball cap with the initials "CR" on it! He said, "Hey, Mom! This one was made just for me...Caleb Roland!"
For some reason, the little caps I found at the Gap store years ago are still my favorite. They didn't do much to help Caleb's girl/boy mix-up problem (being unisex hats!!), but they sure are cute! Too cute to get rid of. So, naturally, they got handed down to the girls. I'm so glad I kept the first cap I bought him. EJ wears it now, and Laura Kate can still wear the last.
Pretty cute, huh.
1 comment:
Amy,
Was so excited when I checked your blog and there was a new entry.
I didn't even connect the CR with Caleb Roland when I gave it to you! I'll have to look for more initial things around here.
Happy Day!
Julie
Post a Comment