Friday, February 22, 2008

Finally.

MIRACLES NEVER CEASE!
I finally got a room done.

We've been in this poor house for eight months and have piddled between the rooms, fixing this and changing that. Hopefully it won't take me 8 more months to get another one done! LOL.

Here's what our front living room looked like when we bought the house (note the lovely green shag carpet and stylish drapes!)


I decided I wanted the room green,
but fussed over an exact color for MONTHS.

Literally.

I settled on a soft sage. David mentioned that he really liked the walls in the living room that we had on Church Street in Morganton, so, once again, I did another stripe job.

Gotta' love stripes!

Here are the after shots.


Isn't that funny how the lamp shade reflected in the glass table. Makes it look like there's a shade sitting on it! And yes....the table has a real clock inside it.)


And here's a close-up of the wide stripe. Caleb likes the 'bronze' in it...it's metallic and catches the light well. Of course, that doesn't show up very well in the pics...

COME AND SEE US SOMETIME!

4 comments:

Heather said...

Amy, you did a beautiful job!

Now, want to come and do my bedroom??

Love,
Heather

Anonymous said...

Amy,
Oh my! So beautiful!
Missing you,
Julie

Sally Datria said...

Amy, it's BEAUTIFUL!! Well worth the 8 months!! Do you like the wood floors?? I want to put wood in (we all have allergies, plus the carpet is gross, plus we have a dog)but dh is unsure (he likes to lay on the floor and watch TV)...

Carla said...

I love the new look!! When we bought our house it had some very "elegant at the time" features, too. Needless to say they went FAST! Good job!