Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Why I've been AWOL from the blogging world....

Well, to say it's been busy around here would be an understatement! I've even been too busy to upload the pictures on my camera to my computer. (And for ME, that means it must be CRAZY around here!)

So in an effort to be brief and to get back to what I need to do, I'll just make a basic list for those who are interested.

Since I last posted on April 15th, I have:

  1. Put our house on the market. [insert "HUGE JOB" here]
  2. Gotten our tax check mailed off. [Bleck!]
  3. Tried to keep a 'showing' house clean with four kids and only one adult around. [And the other (absent) adult in this family has yet to complain about missing out on this!]
  4. Bartered with a prospective buyer for a week over a contract to buy our house that came in 48 hours after it was listed. (God is SO good?!?!)
  5. Travelled to Charlotte (1.5 hrs away) SIX TIMES trying to find a place to move to, so we don't end up on the street corner come June!
  6. Found a house in the Charlotte area that seemed perfect for our family, made an offer on it, bartered back and forth for 4 days, then finally accepted one of their counter-offers. [insert Irish Jig here!]
  7. Took a quick trip to Atlanta to visit my friend Amy Wallace, as well as Sally from AZ, and Heather who just moved to FL. Amy W has just published her first book! (And a hearty "Yeah!!" for her, too! I've read it, and it's GREAT!) You can read all about it by checking out her blog which is listed in the right-hand column of mine.
  8. And last, but certainly NOT least, have booked 44 gondola cruises, rescheduled all the cruises for TWO weekends in a row that were cancelled because of bad weather, sent a countless number of work emails (my "Sent" folder only holds 100, and that only goes back to last week!), answered 179 work calls, and .... well... who knows what else!
  9. Endured a home inspection and a termite inspection, both of which we survived.
  10. Did a LOT of praying the phrase "Lord Help ME!"


All that to say, I've been a little busy.

This Friday I will travel up to Virginia to get David. He's finally coming home. [Praise God from Whom all blessings flow!!] So at least I'll have a little help as we pass into the season of moving!

Since I can hardly blog without posting pictures, here's a shot of the house we have a contract on in Charlotte. Isn't it cute??!

God is truly SO good!

4 comments:

Ronda said...

That is a great-looking house!!! I'm so happy for you!

Amy Wallace said...

Very cute house! Thanks so much for coming to visit last weekend. It was a whirlwind time, but having you and Laurie come up was such a treat!!!

Ski's Lady said...

YAY!!!! You are still alive!! I was really beginning to wonder!! Coongrats on all your news! So exciting! Were you able (in all your spare time) to check out Shining Light Bapitst Church yet??

Carla said...

What a cute house!