I just wanted everyone to know what a wonderful wife Amy is. I know she’s posted SOME of the things she’s been doing, but it is certainly ONLY a SHORT LIST—I’m not going to attempt a LONG list (deep sigh of relief here). While I’ve been away for 14 weeks, Amy, a.k.a. “Wonder Woman”, has totally managed our finances, all with only a little more than a week of training on my way of managing and tracking bills in Quicken and several online services. She’s made it through tax season, and has masterfully negotiated the sale AND purchase of our home here in Morganton and in Charlotte. Oh, did I mention she had to deal with 4 kids under the age of 10? That’s EVERY meal, ALL their clothes, ALL their homework; getting them to school, activities, appointments; dealing with groceries, etc. On top of all that, she sent me a letter EVERY DAY while I was at BCT (Basic Combat Training), and several times per week while I was at AIT (Advanced Individual Training). (The reason for slacking off during AIT was that we talked on the phone every day, and Ft. Eustis is not known for the timely delivery of mail. [Insert frustration with Ft. Eustis here. I think they still have a letter that was sent a month ago!!]
All that to say she’s MY SUPERHERO, and I love her VERY MUCH!!
(Now I just have to figure out how to post this!!!)
David
7 comments:
David,
You are blessed beyond words to have Amy for your wife. And I'm blessed beyond words to have her for my friend!
We're so glad you are home safe and sound.
Julie D.
Dear David and Amy,
I know that your joyful faces on this photo are only a hint of how happy you are to be together again. I am praising God for answering all prayers in so many ways during your separation. You both are an inspiration to me!
Wonder Woman for sure! And I'm a witness :-)
Welcome home David!!
Laurie
David, I enjoyed reading Amy's posts updating us on what was happening with you! Congratulations on joining the Army. I pray that it is all you hope it to be and more. Amy has done her fellow military wives proud by her actions. She was born for it. :)
Melissa
Ahhh Amy -- that almost made ME cry! But he's right you know -- you are doing a great job!
Neat deal!! You've got a keeper Amy -- don't forget it!
AWWWWWW So sweet. David, thanks for sharing your heart and surprising Amy here on her own blog. I think that is just grand. She is a super duper friend and I have no doubt she's an even better wife!
Love ya, Amy!!!!
Praising Him,
Kim
From Challice,
What a wonderful sweet thing to do, David. I am always amazed by the thing that older woman manage to do.
Post a Comment