Thursday, February 08, 2007

You've Got Mail!

Well, actually we got mail.
FOUR letters to be exact.
He sounds great. Either he's bluffin' or he's survivin'. Although, none of them were written before Basic Training really started!

Here is some of what he wrote to the kids.... (emphasis all his)

"On Friday we got our uniforms but couldn't wear them until today [Monday, Feb 5th]. ... We put them on today and they look good!! Between the pants, shirt, and jacket, there are 16 pockets!! All the patches and my rank insignia really make it look sharp.
Also, today, I got my ID card and dog tags. Unfortunately, I also got to go to the doctor, and got all my shots--4 of them!! Two shots in each arm!!
Well, I'm scheduled to work 'Fireguard' tonight (for the second time!), so I'm getting ready to go to bed since I have to be up to work from 0100-0300. 'Fireguard' is making sure that the building (and people) are safe from fire and intruders, while making sure everyone stays in bed, and that the bathrooms are cleaned. (Yuck!!)"

He also said in another one of the letters that he IS the oldest in his platoon, but not by much. There is a 31, 33, 34, and two 35-year-olds. Here's what he said....

"There are two of us going in as E-4, one that is E-3, and everyone else is E-1 or E-2. My 'Battle Buddy' is also going in as my MOS ('88 N'ovember), and is in the Reserves. We haven't had a chance to talk, since talking isn't allowed--unless you're addressing a superior officer, and then you have to YELL!!"

That's all for now.
Maybe we'll get to talk to him this weekend. Maybe not.
His letters had no return address on them, so we sure are looking forward to getting one so that we can write back!

1 comment:

Ma Ingalls with ADHD said...

Hi Amy, I am just catching up with your blog, will be praying for all of you thru this adventure. Love, lisa