When they gave him his imnuizations last Monday during reception, one of them made him terribly sick...fever, cold chills, sore throat, the works (flu shot, maybe??). All day Tuesday and Wednesday he was running a fever, and was afraid that they wouldn't let him ship to basic, but his fever broke on Thursday, just in time. His letter today said, "Please PRAY for GOOD HEALTH! I cannot afford to get injured or sick!!"
In one of the three letters I received today [insert great huge grin here!], he mentioned a website for their platoon. Here's the link:
Alpha Company 3-60th Inf. Reg.
OK. Can you find David in this picture???
(Hint, hint, don't forget the Army issued glasses!)
(Hint, hint, don't forget the Army issued glasses!)

There's one more of him in their gallery, and I had to laugh out loud when I saw it! He looks so funny without hair and in those "dorky" (HIS words!) glasses. And the harness that he is wearing makes him look about 30 lbs heavier that he really is! Caleb still doesn't believe it's him, but I assured him that it is MOST CERTAINLY David. I think I'll be trying to get him to grow that hair back out ASAP, though, that's for sure! LOL.

No comments:
Post a Comment