Tuesday, May 30, 2006

A Barn Raising at the Roland home...

OK. So maybe it's not a barn, but it's close!

David is in the process of building a shed to house his mower and other miscellaneous tools that are now crowding out our garage. He is also making a 4-foot extension for the kids to play in. (I'm hoping they'll find enough room to keep their bikes there, as well!)

He and his step-dad, Mike, built the footings and flooring last August. But since he's doing most of this work alone (does help from 3 kids between 6 and 9 years of age count???) he'll just put up a wall at a time. As each side goes up, I'll share pictures of the building's progress.

Here's what he accomplised on Memorial Day.



Steve Moody came over to help David lift it into place, once it was built. (Thanks, Steve! I was dreading that one! hee hee hee.)

Stay tuned for more progress! He wants to get it done ASAP. ;>)

No comments: