Six years ago this Sunday.
A "Spring Forward" we'll never forget.
You see, on April 2nd, 2000, David and I were on our way to the hospital...wondering if I was in labor with our third child. We left the house at almost exactly 2:00 am, drove the 3 or 4 miles to Grace Hospital, signed ourselves in at the emergency room, and were issued up to the maternity ward. We were quickly assigned a room.
I was definitely in labor.
We were given a room and began to settle ourselves in.
Then we looked at the clock. 3:20 am.
"Huh?" We said. How did that happen??!! How on earth did it take us an hour and twenty minutes to get to the hospital and get checked in?
Easy answer....we had FORGOTTEN about Daylight Savings time.
Three hours later we were holding a precious little girl. 8 pounds 2 ounces.
Laura Kathryn Roland.
And she's been springing ahead of us all since the day she was born!
(And thank goodness I went into labor. We'd have missed Sunday School, for sure!) :>)
2 comments:
Happy Birthday Laura Kate!!!
Have a wonderful day!!!
Mrs. Doster
Happy Birthday to your little spitfire!
And...I tagged you on my blog...just for some writing inspiration!
Love,
Heather
Post a Comment