Sunday, September 16, 2007

Favorite Places

One of my favorite places in the world to visit is my dear friend, Julie's back porch. (You can click on her name there for a link to her blog, too!)
Julie is a fantastic gardener, cook, and hostess, and the birds literally flock to her back yard to enjoy her hospatality! She always has a pot of coffee or a jug of lemonade ready for a visitor to her beautiful corner of the world.
I stayed at her house the night before my laptop crashed and took these pictures. It makes me smile, just looking at them!
If you're ever in Morganton, NC and are in need of a quiet respite, give Julie a call....I'm sure she'll let you sit on her back porch, watch the birds, and soak in the beauty of it all!

I love what David said the first time he stepped out on her porch! He smiled and said, "Wow, they have their own tree house!" That is truly what it feels like!

Here's a view from the driveway....

Dearest Julie, I am SO sad that your sweet haven is not around the corner from my house anymore, but I know that as long as you live there, I will be welcome anytime...
But first we'll have coffee.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Amy! You are welcome to visit my backporch any time you want to! : )
Julie