Sunday, April 15, 2007

A few pictures from Easter Sunday...

We had the most UNUSUAL Easter on record for our little Roland Clan. We spent the day with David in Newport News, Virginia, at Fort Eustis! Unfortunately, I never managed to grab a picture of everyone dressed up for church, but I did pull out the camera later at the Army Base.

Our 2007 Easter Family Picture
(not fancy, but better than nothing, Right?!)


After David's off-base pass ended and he had to go back to 'work', the kids and I headed out, looking for the beach! We ran across one of the coolest bridges in the world! The Chesapeake Bay Bridge-Tunnel spans over 17 miles, and actually goes under water in two spots for over a mile each. The kids were enthralled. Well, OK...I was too! Here you see them in front of the first tunnel portion where we stopped for pictures and souvenirs.


It took quite a while, but we finally found some beach, right as the sun was setting. I'm not sure what the weather was like where you were on Easter, but, in this part of Virginia IT WAS COLD! Freezing cold. The kids had all come off without their jackets, so we ran down to the water, stood there a minute, and ran back to the van! It was still fun, though.


EJ got her first glimpse of the Atlantic Ocean, too. She was either amazed or freezing, I'm not sure which! Maybe both.


And here's one last shot that I was able to get as the sun was setting.
Say "Cheese"!
"CHHHHHHHEEZZZZZZZ"

2 comments:

Unknown said...

GREAT PHOTOS!!! Thanks for sharing -- those are priceless.

Anonymous said...

Amy,
How fun! Can't think of a better way for you to spend your Easter than visiting David. I loved the pics of your ocean adventure. I didn't realize you went in search of the beach! FUN! Keep making memories with your kiddos. : )
Julie D.